Saturday 23 April 2011

FASHION & STYLE: Forget the chocolate..

I've been free from shopping (well purchasing) for a whole 38 days. To some of you less enthusiast spenders that might sound a relief, but for me its been anything but because well, I like to shop. "Like" is a huge understatement. I LOVE to shop, I think its something to do with being a stingy child who always saved there money. But, its not like I splurge on particular items by any means. What words comes with shopping? SALE!

That love my friends comes from spending almost every single Sunday in town with my nan since I was probably about four, lets just say she has brought out the bargain hunter in me. "Why pay full price when you don't have too?."

Come Easter Sunday, I'll be free to purchase what I want. Though take a look at these beauties I've had my eye on, All full price sadly.
Ahhh! Swedish Hasbeens for H&M. These Lovely Wedges are absolutely gorgeous, I ran straight over after spying them on the escalator. The rubber heels are a perfect alternative to the standard cork floating around in summer & the coffee coloured laces add a little something extra don't you think? £39.99

I'll tell you something, the photo really doesn't give it any credit. This little O&O dress may look pretty average, but believe me its just wondrous. The style of the dress works for most figures, creating curves or defining them and its simple enough to dress up with a smart blazer and heels or down with gladiators and a straw hat. I'd say with the £40 price tag this dress is a worthwhile investment - colour blocking is big news. Its also available in other rich jewel tones. See for yourself the quality at Urban Outfitters.
Do you ever find yourself still liking something from your childhood a little bit too much? I do. Escaping Dungarees seems impossible, there all over the high street at the moment. With seeing so many my decision of which ones to buy has been rather extensive but I've settled on these since there without pretence. I didn't want a pair with a stone wash effect or with added holes or rips, I wanted good, honest and solid ones.
They sell themselves, I'm going to be forever young. £42, Topshop.

Everybody needs a satchel, regardless of gender. There practical yet stylish and have infiltrated shops recently. (Thanks Emma Hill) We just can't seem to get enough of them. I'm currently coveting this one from Zara, do I need to inform you of colour blocking again? So at £25.99, I'd say you should at least think about it - then wait for the sale.



1 comment:

  1. Nice post! glad i found this blog!


    check out mine? I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it and I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete