Monday 24 September 2012

Take a Trip: The Bluecoat.


In father Corcoran’s haste to kit me out with a new winter coat before even October was weeks away,  last Saturday saw us take a trip to the city centre to scout around the shops in order to find something we could both marginally agree on. He said no to leather and oversized, where as I shook my head and ran far, far away from everything he deemed suitable. We settled on a nice little navy blue number, complete with pleather additions, but I’m sure I’ll do an outfit post on it once the colder days decide to stick with us and it becomes my uniform that I only take off when I sleep. But of course, when wandering around town accumulates to a huge amount of mental shunning of my father’s style decisions what is required is to take a break of some form and head somewhere for lunch.

Queue a trip to the Bluecoat, which is like, my new favourite place ever. In search of something more then a slice of cake we first toured all the little independent shops and then chose the final door to satisfy our lunch desires, and we headed up past the poster filled wall I fell in lust with, and up to the charming bluecoat bistro.  As much as the brown leather couches were subconsciously calling me, I had to for once in my life confer with the essence of practically and select a table. I just can’t do that whole eating without something to lean on, probably because I’d manage to spill something  or drop something, or mostly probably a combinitation of them both.



From the chalk board we choose our calorie infused weapons. With Steve selecting a classic BLT on a wholemeal bread, and me finally deciding on duck spring rolls, we felt it was only a polite courtesy to indulge our curiosity with a portion of home made chunky chips.



The setting was lovely, and the place wasn't too busy. You didn't feel rushed, or that a conversation was a out of the ordinary affair. It was nice to be able to view the goings on down in the courtyard while trying out some of the food in the warmth. The staff were friendly and overall the atmosphere was definitely one I'd like to find myself in again.


The arguable point of the Bluecoat trip, the food - was lovely too. The prices were rather reasonable taking into account the place it is situated and the high quality produce and hand made elements provided.  Although I enjoyed it more then Steve, he too noted that it was "nice enough." With it being lunchtime we failed to establish what desert tasted like, but the chocolate cake I spied out of the corner of my eye seemed very inviting.

Overall, I'd recommend a little look around the Bluecoat if you've never taken the time too. The independent boutiques are a dream, and with the Liverpool Biennial currently on there will sure be something for you to feast your eyes on.





So if you do take a trip to the Bistro, let me know what you think. Steve and I certainly enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment