Thursday 24 November 2011

PROFILE: Hannah Waddelow

Now I'd like to write some big fancy introduction that would do Hannah justice, but I honestly don't think I can. Not only is Hannah unbelievably talented, she's also a beautiful person both aesthetically and in her words and actions. Everyone knows someone like Hannah; kind, thoughtful and talented yet completely modest about it. I wish I could explain my thoughts of Hannah in a way that would give you insight into who she is and her wonderful music, but I'm struggling to do so, far too much to say. So to let you in on her secrets I asked her some questions instead....


                                                 Hannah and I at PLAY FOR INDIA: THE PICKET GIG.                           

Hi Hannah! If someone reading this does not know who you are, how would you explain yourself in 20 words? Ordinary teenager with a few odd perks and a love for music, trying to find my place in this world!


The link to your songs is at the end of this post, why should we go listen?Please listen to my song because I'm not too sure what I want to do with my life, but music has always been a strong passion of mine. It's been one of my aims for a few years now to make a song of some sorts and hopefully go on to do make some EP's (and maybe something more someday?) so I'm really please with the outcome of this track as it was recorded from three different places in the country! I have hopefully created a track that at least one person in this world can relate to. It'd mean more than any of you know just to take one listen.


And if you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?Oh my goodness, this is really one of the hardest questions that can ever be asked. My music taste varies so much and I'm getting back into my 90's music which I'm not too sure is good or bad...
I guess, I can't really pinpoint one song but one of my most beloved singers is Charlie Simpson and I love the song "Thorns"  from his new album Young Pilgrim, so I'd check that out.


Who influences your music?
Again, I have so many influence for the music I wish to create. The two guys I created this song with, Chris Nelson and Karl Scott are massively influential to me. I love both of their material for the purity of both lyrics and sound. On the other hand, main influences for music are Charlie Simpson, Gabrielle Aplin, Bon Iver, Snow Patrol, Maroon 5, Water's Edge, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran..there are probably more, but these are quite a few.

3 items you could not live without?errr my laptop/the Internet, my ipod and it's either going to be my book or a phone..

what are you most grateful for?
Honestly, I'm most grateful for everything. For family and friends, mistakes I have made and that I'm going to make. I'm grateful for just being given a chance to maybe do something with my life from the help of others.


where can we find out more about you?You can find out more about me on my twitter or on my bandcamp page! If I feel I have enough support I may set up a facebook page, who knows!

And finally, the future? I'm really basing anything that I do in the future on the reactions of this single. I'd love it if maybe people gave me some feedback on the song on what they like and didn't like, the kind of things they'd maybe like to here. I'd love to produce an EP in the new year, maybe some more singles collaborating with a few people from here there and everywhere. Who knows, I'm just taking chances as they come at the minute.


You guys can all go check out Hannah's single here: http://hannahwaddelow.bandcamp.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment