Friday 18 November 2011

TELEVISION: The little love affair.

Now you don’t need to know me well to understand for the past two years or so, I’ve been absolutely utterly obsessed with all things Chung. The once model expanded her reign to be the queen of witty TV comments and eventually launching her own chat show stateside, Its on with Alexa Chung (we all know it got cancelled, so shhh!)But these days, especially considering she broke my future husbands heart (Alex Turner will be mine one day, I know it) I’ve slowly moved away from my obsession with her. See Chung and Turner were the ultimate indie rock ‘n’ roll “it” couple before they broke, but nowadays I’m paying homage to the couple that are not even a couple.

If the shock of the lack of love for Miss Chung was not enough, its time to drop another bombshell. These days I’m an X Factor watcher. Even after all my criticisms of it I’m hooked. I mean come on, Marcus Collins’s 50 style numbers…I need to get myself that gorgeous blue blazer he was sporting a few weeks ago.
But I have to confess that I’m also a Xtra Factor watcher, and yes I know that makes me seem exceptionally sad, but I just can’t help it. Xtra factor is actually the soul reason as to why I’m writing this blog post…Out with Alexa and Alex and in with Caroline and Olly.

I am truly in love with them both, I do not care that they are not actually a couple; I like to pretend that all there playful banter is in fact a double bluff to the motion that they are secretly dating. I think I watch X factor, so I can watch Xtra Factor. I even tweeted them, I know, I know…shame on me. Caroline made me consider changing my continuous red nails to the turquoise affair I saw she had on last Saturday night. And her wardrobe choices of short fitted dresses and blazers topped with the occasionally quirky accessories leave me wanting to go to my wardrobe and burn everything that is not effortlessly stylish.

She’s got dipped dyed hair too, everybody cheer! And of course Olly, Oh Olly. What can I even say about you? Please be mine, I know I used to ridicule everything about you but I couldn’t help falling for you. So marry me, or sing to me. Or just tweet me back ;)

While all of you lot, casually watch X factor and are able to move on with your lives, I’ll be replacing my shrine to Chung with photos of Caroline's company cover. And of course designing my dress for my wedding to Olly/Alex…Depending on which one realises their undying love for me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment