Wednesday 7 March 2012

MAKE IT FAMOUS.

When people ask me what I want to do, I always reply along the same lines. See, I want to change the world, and do you know what? I don't for a minute care about how you cheesy you think that sounds. I've got to the point where I don't care about passing exams, I don't care about how much money I could earn, and I don't care about what I can own. The most important thing for me will always be what I can do. I don't even mean my skills, or talents, but my voice. I have a power to speak up, to stand up. And so do you.  I'm fighting for change, taking assemblies and lessons on the holocaust. I'm spreading the word, and you should be to. But this blog post isn't to rattle on about my desire to try and change things, and neither is it for me to make myself out as someone who does this all the time. I don't want to look big, or clever. I just want to make a difference.

I get fired up about a cause that stands up. Passion, real passion for me lies in telling people things they need to hear. And right now, you all need to hear about Kony.  If you haven't the video yet, it is a must watch. You have to. You need to. I've never ever before demanded something on this blog, but I demand you watch it.  See, Kony is a man in Uganda with his own army, he abducts children; he turns the boys into child soldiers and the girls in to sex slaves. If you asking how is that allowed? Its because were not using our voices. We are not shouting loud enough. If we want to make a difference, then we need to. We cannot sit back and simply turn our faces away, cause with ignorance, we are allowing history to repeat itself. And that will not happen.

So please, support the campaign by the Invisible children to make Kony famous. If the world knows his name, then we can stop him. Nothing can work alone. We must join together, and we must fight to help. 
This is real, and its happening now. So what are you going to do about it? Don't decide against the video because its half a hour long. What really is half a hour in your life to be educated into a very real and horrible situation? What is half a hour in your life to stand up and make a difference.

MAKE KONY FAMOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment