Friday 7 January 2011

BOOKS & MAGAZINES: Count the pages,

I love fashion, I always have. And, I've always loved magazines. I read them all,  even the Tracy Beaker collection (anyone else still got the free creativity box?) I love how much they happen provide you with, I learnt how to draw like Nick Sharratt in one issue - though I remember never been able to get the hair right. It just always seemed too spiky rather then the borderline curls it should have been. The magazines I read today provide me with not just fashion information but insight and a guide. They do not dictate what I wear, for I decide that myself though they do provide helpful tips, and viewings of other lives. A magazine is a guidebook of do's and dont's that expand to almost every circumstance of your life even though they may focus on a particular subject. I can't stress just how much I love everything about them, even the paper.

 if love the cover star, a flick inside is still essential. I am indeed faithful to some publications, where as others I flit. I think pretty much every company I've ever bought has been reduced to a pound. Tonight though, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one.



I'd set off to Tesco with the mission to buy "Revision notebooks". That translates to Vogue, Diet Coke and maybe Marie Claire.  I'd already seen who were on the cover so I was pretty set on buying them, then I picked them up. You may call me old fashioned but I actually like to buy a magazine that has substance, a big thick magazine is one of the things I really really enjoy. Its like spending time with old friends, you dip in and out of conversation, your not fearful to cross a particular subject and you listen to there advice. I don't need anymore adverts to fill my walls, I wasn't prepared to buy something half heatedly if it just didn't sell itself.

If I ever own or am in charge if any magazine I can guarantee to you that every month the magazine would carry weight. Not just in its physical form but the message it contained inside. I'd actually be ashamed to deliver a publication so thin. You can always inspire more.

No comments:

Post a Comment