Sunday 2 January 2011

RELIGION: This little light of mine;

I'm such a creature of habit, every year I decide to make a bunch of resolutions that I never stick too.
Once again this year I've compiled yet another mental list of things to improve about myself: Less of this, More of that. Though this week I've been at camp and I've realised a huge amount of things. I know I have a lot of flaws, off the top of my head I can think of numerous things I'd like to change about myself and the way I look/act. Now though, I know that God loves me just the way I am and he created me to be unique.

The stumbling block with being told that is I've heard it so many times, but before this week I've just never really listened. I've really struggled to understand how God could love me of all people but now I'm trying to learn more about him. I mess up all the time but now I'm truly discovering the meaning of forgiveness. I've gone back to basics to once again understand the cross and to thank Jesus for dying for me.

This year I'm going to try my best to shine for God.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.

"Do you wanna be a saint to the nation
Are you gonna change your generation
This is gonna be your motivation
All you gotta do is start a conversation"



No comments:

Post a Comment