Monday 3 January 2011

ADVERTISING: "whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously didn't know where to shop"

I really try to not be defined by brands or labels, and believe me I'm all for supermarkets' own. Smart price Asda chocolate is fantastic, especially in a field on a warm summers day, (ahh, memories)

Though its amazing just what can make you want to buy an item. What really can make you covet something. I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have desired the Mulberry 'Alexa' half as much if it had have been say, the Mulberry 'Cheryl' or similar. I mean I think the bag is gorgeous whatever the name but I definitely like it more because of its name.

And confession... I wanted Princess by Vera Wang long before I'd even smelt it. It was actually everything but the smell of it that had drawn me too it. I loved the advertising, the big floaty dress and the crown. The luxury & lifestyle the advert portrayed. Even the simple heart bottle, the mini crown on the top has become part of one of my necklaces.

When it came to buying some shower gel to take away to camp, I was happy to stick to my normal, simple, nice smelling choice. But then I spotted a certain range and the description made me buy it, I mean don't even like the smell of ginger but a couple of words had me instantly!


I'm not a very positive person but this shower gel just makes me optimistic. I think everyday I'll read it and really believe the day has endless promise, even if it is a school day!

So buy something that makes you smile, something that makes you believe in yourself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment