Friday 14 January 2011

RELIGION: Start a prayervolution!

I mean, it was bound to happen sometime soon. For my camp high to turn to a camp lowwwwwwww. Right about the time I discovered I didn't do particularly well in my English exam. One of my many problems is my sudden reluctancy to pray, if i don't pray just once I get totally "urghhhh" and I end up getting so down.

I can see God trying to get through to me, I dont know why but I just don't listen. On the days I need convincing most my bible notes are far to relevant for it to be a Coincidence. The thing with God though, there is no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason. Deep down I can promise you I believe it,  but when times get the slightest but rough I'm terrible.

Then Bamm! EFRIDAY! good old efriday, what would I do without you? you've seen me through my primary school days when I first got to know God through into year 7 & 8 (Chav and emo phases included there) and up until now, when I have the privilege of helping out :)

I had a good talk with my youth worker, who is totally amazing and just realised I need to keep going. It maybe hard but its definitely worth it. When thinks get tough I need to cling to God and not to the world views that pull be down.

But remember, God can speak through anyone or anything. He can speak to others from you no matter how sinful you think you are. Life with God is a journey - Not a race.

So what are you waiting for? PRAY!



Tumblr_ldwnmyirdv1qc46zso1_500_large


No comments:

Post a Comment