Wednesday 7 September 2011

FASHION & STYLE: A/W lust list ramble.

Its one of those mildly annoying moments that occur every so often. it is in that time of reflection for new trends after hopelessly pining and having to admit to defeat and declare to yourself that as much as you want it, It just ain't going to happen. Okay so I'm going to be blunt and say I want a hat to be my key season piece.. But I'm also going to inform you, if you haven't already guessed that is, is that I can't have a hat. Purely for the fact I'm not 'a hat person'. As much as I wish I had the right type of head for a hat, its just not going to happen. Beanies and Beret's are my limits, after that I'm walking a tight rope into a somewhat dangerous territory, maximised entirely with the ratio of the whole hat/head affair I shamefully cannot fathom to completely get my mind around (I didn't say head, I thought that might have been a tad too far) "round peg, square hole" is a definite description if ever one was needed to fully explain the lack of hats in my life.
Juni | 2011 | My Blomquist | Nyheter24*Valentine*Fotos de Diana Raquel Silva - ♥.♥ (1)
                                                                Images from weheart it. com
Though it is of course important for you to know that my hat cravings for A/W do not explore the whole dimension of the millinery industry but in fact they merely expand to the 70's type, wide floppy brim, in a classy black of course, a bow if I'm I'm feeling generous. If you could even call that an expansion is purely based on your cynicism. `In the past with street style it always seemed to be, the statment pendant concluded the outfit or the aztec printed tights where the real source of the wardrobe emsemble that was seemingly looked upon with awe. This A/W season the hat stood up,  the hat decided to stand out and add the extra, rather three dimension appeal to a outfit that 2010 A/W season ultimate buy of a praised camel coat couldn't achieve. Sure, everyone took the celine approach to dressing for a few months and we all may have looked classic and chic, but don't you think it was perharps on the boring side?

Mary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMarc Jacobs Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearDon't get me wrong, I have admiration for those who can do the whole 'one piece' minimal dressing but in opinion, I find it rather boring. It may always look good, but what is truly the point of the whole idea of personal style if you can't have fun with it? Finally catwalk collections and the occasional haute couture garment have decided to agree with me on this one and have embraced the idea of indivulism into main stream high fashion for this season. If your going to sample the look for yourself note the clashing, wild graphic prints thrown at us by the likes of Mary Katrantzou. My personal favourite print is brought to us mainly by designers like Marc Jacobs, of   course If I could I'd pair my Polka Dots with the hat i'm dreaming of.
                                                                                                                                      

If I ever decide experimentation with some other key trends of the season I'll definately pair them. I'm thinking the more provocative elements seen combined with an androgynous edge. So maybe a pair of my beloved Henry Hollands stocking tights and heeled loafters? Although leather was seen doing most of the work for the majority of the suggestive borderline influences we've seen I still can't get my mind away from lace, I love the sort of innocent element about it than can seen to be corrupted with harsher fabrics to create a part way image of the examples we've seen. For me, trying out a look like this would definately lessen on the formalities and take a old photograph of Courtney Love in her slip dresses as an image of creative direction as oppose to the one of Kate Moss in leather seen in from the Louis Vuitton.


 As much as I love sixties, I think I'll be leaving that to the likes of Alexa in this months Harpers Bazaar. I don't think anyone can compete while she's printed on glossy pages in that absoutley beautiful Stella McCartney dress that we happened to see, though more discreetly on the pages of Elle a month earlier only with Kirsten Dunst trying out the look. And while were on the subject of new season trends...Stars have grew on me, But only if there they high end kind, and combined with my good old lace like the D&G dress we saw Miss Allen Sport on the July cover of the magazine as opposed to horrible cheap tacky stuff from New look covered in stars that reminds me all too much of being 12.

I'm sure I'll be blogging of more magazines soon..Adele is on Vogue and its out thursday! Until then!


No comments:

Post a Comment