Friday 23 September 2011

RELIGION:To new beginings

I've always struggled when it came to writing about the 'holy' part of holy tightss. With feeling that there is so much to say, I never really seem to know where to start. Although my relationship with God has greatly improved this summer, I'm still sometimes at a loss as really what I should be telling you all about it.
I've a confession for you all in the sense I can't actually wait for next summer, even though we've only really just left the previous one. Honestly, I'm not really enjoying sixth form at all but I know that Its were I should be. Not in a "I'm going to get the right grades here" type of place but I prayed into staying or leaving and I know that in my heart I'm there for a reason, I just might not know the reason.

I was reminded of this fact when last night, Heather Fuller (One of the all round amazing Fuller family) posted a link to my ramble saying goodbye to summer. I realised that actually I can't be waiting around, looking forward to another summer of serving god. I should be looking forward to getting up tomorrow and listening for the opportunities to tell others about Jesus in my day to day life. I want God to infect every single area of my life, I don't want any part of it, no matter how small to not reflected the glory of Jesus. My blog is holy tightss, though I'm not necessarily aiming to be some holy perfect person. I want you to know I have flaws, but Its in Jesus and only Jesus I'm made perfect.

So i'm going to stop looking to the future, I'm going to start looking to right now. I trust God has a plan for my life and he's going to guide me, I just have to follow him willingly and whole heartedly. It may be near to 11 o clock in the evening, doesn't mean I can't be a light to Jesus.  I'm not talking about preeching the gospel, but simply a kind word. A text to check someone is okay, just letting them know your there. Even simply a silent prayer. Everything can be done for Jesus.

So with the first ever "FYI" session tonight, I'm starting my own new begining. A time of living for Jesus, Full stop. Not deciding the time and place, let God do that.  So get out of bed tomorrow morning, and know your living for your King, whats the point of getting up if your not?

No comments:

Post a Comment