Saturday 25 February 2012

R.E.S.P.E.C.T


Every time I write a shopping list, the humble shift dress always appears so I guess that it could quite possibly be considered as being my fashion resolution for twenty twelve. I'm on a mission to fill my wardrobe with more of the classic style in order to begin to translate my style into a more cost effective investment.

See the beauty of the shift dress is in its drape. And although mine still may be a little bit big even with the aid of a belt, Its just the type of garment you can throw on and go. You don't even really have to much if you don't want to. I would of course recommend accessories with any outfit, but they are optional with an item like this. 

The strange thing I found when wearing this out today was the length; Its an appropriate one. 
Due to my habit of wearing everything high waisted, the majority of my skirts/shorts are pretty short. So much so that I spend most of my days just looking like I'm wearing a coat and black tights. So cue this dress to make me look a little bit more 'done'.

In my rebellion to this half hearted polished look I was eager to do anything  in order to make myself feel a little bit scruffy. So on went the beaten up old converse.

Sorry, but I don't think I'll ever do classy.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment