Thursday 16 February 2012

There was a crazy moose, and he drank a lot of juice.



This week, woww. Safe to say I'm pretty speechless, but for what I lack in words I can deliver a huge mix of tiredness, relief and experience.

Its been great, even brilliant. And believe me 24 hours ago I would not have ever said that. (at that point I was lightheaded from only eating chocolate, exceptionally tired a night in a tent and feeling completely unlike a girl as I was wearing pants.) I've learnt that as stubborn as I am, I can actually have err... fun? doing some sort of physical activity. I mean don't worry, I'm not saying I enjoyed it, but kanoing 6K is quite entertaining when it wants to be. People keep asking if i'm proud of what I've achieved, and the answer is honestly..no.  I'm proud of what we've achieved. We pulled together like we had all known each other for years. If anyone was upset, we'd all deliver in providing our very own versions of their favourite bands songs. And the hugs and hand holding were in full supply when we felt we couldn't do it alone.

 The campsite/home for one night was a random piece of land in the middle of wales, toilet free of course.
So yes, I went there. Strangest. thing. ever, and something I'd like not to repeat.

What else is there to say? Well I spent today having to remind myself I wrote a blog about fashion, scroll down and you'll see my completely miss matched outfit, scroll up and you'll find my sexy Asda trainers. I also love how I had to share a Spork with Rebecca Richardson, a mouthful of meatballs each :/ and go Rach Smithhh...none of us had even brushed our teeth or changed clothes, but out she whips her foundation!

The 12K walk was a bit of a low moment, but we all got through it, with Oreos and water from a stream.
 As was the night in the tent...we awoke every hour, and at 2 in the morning I announced it was 6.45 and that the birds were tweeting. then I began to tweet. Yeah, think i was a little crazy by then...

The nicest thing was landing in to the yellow bed that creaked everytime you breathed, it might have been dire on Monday night, but felt like heaven by Wednesday. But where does God fit into all of this? He's shown me that although it may not always feel like, he's giving me so much strength to do things I never thought I could!

The thing i'll take away the most from this is that the people that will pull you up mountains, make you laugh when your crying, hold your hand to stop you falling, and couldn't give a damm if your wearing makeup or the state of your hair, are the ones to hold onto.

Its been a surreal 4 days, but thank you to everyone that made it special! ROLL ON VIRGINIAAAA!


No comments:

Post a Comment