Sunday 7 August 2011

RELIGION: "Don't stop...Believingggggggg"

I'd like to think that all of you are still feeling that buzz, the excitement that comes from knowing God- be it for the first time, or after a re commitment of a faith a sort of a new confidence that God will once again be the person you look to for help and guidance and the one that trust not only with your future but everything around you presently. That is what I'd like to think is the case, but I guess for some it won't be.

Personally, I've came back from some camps and slotted straight back in society, almost without even realising the changes I need to make. Or I've left with a total "camp high", really excited to get to know Jesus and the minute I'm back home that bubble has been crushed by a family who aren't Christian or by myself, doing something I'd already decided I wouldn't. If your in a position where you've already given up on Jesus I want you to question the week we had, them 7 days filled with experiences of God and challange yourself as to why you've decided its not for you now? If it was to true then, why not now? Partly that will be because your not surrounded by a totally christian environment, society is one that wants to drag you down as opposed to build you up. But as followers of Jesus, we are expectant of that. The bible clearly points out we have "take up our cross" to submit to Jesus, and we're also warned it won't be easy. During in them times we have to rely on the strength of God, not the strength of ourselves. So I urge you to really question that decision.

or maybe your feeling pretty good with God still? then don't lose that attitude. If you feel like its hard to change who you are, Pray. If you feel stuck, Pray. No matter how good your relationship feels with God at the present time, keep going, keep praying. Try reading your bible, if anyone needs notes ask your church or I know a few I could recommend so comment on this post. Just keep going, Its so worth it.

The point of my first blog post on this is not losing that hope you have in Jesus. Keep getting excited about God, keep trying to move forward, don't lose that camp high. It does get harder I know, I feel it too but that's what prayer is there for, to share our worries and fears with God. Try it, Keep going. Don't lose that hope in God. Choosing to follow Jesus is an amazing decision, but so it choosing again and again, every single day.

Romans 12:12  "Rejoice in our confident hope, be patient in times of trouble, and keep on praying"


No comments:

Post a Comment