Tuesday 9 August 2011

TRAVEL: Monochrome Musings.

After very unwisely staying up till 3AM this morning glued to Sky News for updates on the riot (because I'm just that sad and like to pick holes the current government) I'm understandably pretty tired, so tired in fact I'm in my PJ's. Therefore please ignore/excuse any pointless nonsense I may type here, headache combined with lack of sleep is not good for my keyboard nor imagination. But since Chester is so wonderful, I doubt I'll need to dream up more then a few adjectives and throw in some coma's occasionally.



My day, started like pretty much every other one involving a good friend and a place to be. In a Coffee shop. How nice does this drink look please? I actually only sipped bottled water, since I went for a soup instead. Admittedly it didn't look as nice as Mia's drink so I just casually snapped a photograph of hers instead.  If you've never been to Pret I seriously recommend you to try there hot chocolates, or brownies...or well both! There we chatted about the future, we're both after the high powered career in a industry we love, and we're not settling for anything that doesn't make us happy. Dreaming big and living it out is our plan.

Then we took a wander around the city and its lovely shops. What I love most about Chester is seeing the old combined with the new. Its a strange mix but I feel it fits the city, seeing such a modern and corparate company like Starbucks set into a old black and white building is crazy, but its just adds to the heritage of the place.

I see the beauty in a city I'm only partly familiar a lot easier then the one I've grew up in.
Of course Chester will have its bad parts too, just like Liverpool. But I'm currently caught up in its old world charm mixed with its youthful creative edge that supplies buskers and street shows that spill out onto the pavemment in amongst the browsing crowd.

Off to Oxfam did we go, gotta love a good rummage through unwanted and loved junk to find them precious items you can give a new home too. I love second vintage clothing, but I love old books too. I feel they crackle with charisma and charm, the words may tell one story but the pages tell another. Knowing something has had a life before you owned it is very intriguing, your left wondering who could have had your cheap quirky find and what it meant to them.
Of course this book is a pretty new one, but it made us laugh so much I made Mia pose with it. Who seriously even write a book like this? ahh life :')




I bought Madame Bovary as I've heard of it before and its all in French. Although I'm not going to be taking it as A Level in september I seem to have a little infactuation with France, well just Paris if I'm honest. I'm a girl, who likes fashion...need I say more? Ohhh to live in a cute cobbled street, buy fantastic macaroons and look effortlessly chic head to toe in Chanel....

Mere Christianity was 99p. I hear it talked about in Church a lot so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it out and give it a read. Its by C.S Lewis, and yes he wrote Narnia. Basically he set out to prove God wasn't real and ended up becoming a Christian...just saying.

An Accidental Man...I liked the colour and It looked really old, It doesn't even have a blurb. And they say I waste my money...




Chester's my new favourite place, anyone fancy a trip?


2 comments:

  1. I've been watching Sky news for the past 4 days - i'm so sad for everything that is happening! :(

    ReplyDelete