Thursday 4 August 2011

STYLE/RELIGION: Is it worth the risk?

For all my loud fashion experiments and trials in clothing terms, I'm unexpectedly cautious when it comes to other matters. I've worn my makeup like true war paint at times, bold & bright and garish uncompromising colours have patrolled my face at times unsuited to the occasion, but when it comes to my hair, I rarely stray from my typical look. Not that I have a standard hair appearance, the only common theme is the obvious lack of significant brushing, if any at all. Full fringe and a few highlights aside, I've never really changed my mane, only let it grow back to its original length. For all those who don't know or are too blocking out the somewhat painful memory, I chopped it off in late 2009, leaving me with shoulder length hair. Now its back I've been somewhat desiring change (I know, I can't help it) so I took the plunge and dip dyed.

In saying I, I of course mean a friend painted my locks with the horrible blue paste that absolutely stinks, while I sang along and swayed to John Mayer, moaning that I was turning ginger. The finish result is quite a sudden change, I debate forever about  my hair you see and the "only child" label is joined of course by a overprotective parent clause meaning It was a spur of the moment decision, I bought the dye and ran before I could be stopped.
But hey! It worked pretty well, my risk payed off. This was the type of decision that required trust...trust in the person and in the outcome. Sometimes its hard to embrace a decision and leap whole heartheadly into it. Having faith and letting someone else guide you instead of you making every single move on your own is a pretty big step. You've guessed it yes, I'm no longer talking about my hair...I'm talking about Jesus. Its suprising how well you can relate the two I guess, so I want you to apply the message of risking dying your hair into the risk of trusting Jesus. It maybe quite scary, especially if you are new to the idea of it, and if your still unsure weather its something you even want to do, its very hard to suddenly stand up and try it out. But its worth it, its fun. Be a little reckless with your hair, but definately jump and follow God.



1 comment: