Thursday 22 December 2011

FASHION/STYLE: Something old...

I wish people would stop saying it, because number 1. it is not true, and number 2. even it was I wouldn't care.

Currently, my list of friends includes only the people on my side, the ones that agree I need a new dress. I am being completely honest when I say that I do not have a lot of dresses, and I wish people would stop telling me I did, I think I know my own wardrobe by now. You to would be utterly disgusted to open your closet and discover the utter lack of something to pull out and instantly partner with a pair of heels in order to create a seasonal outfit. I've nothing. Yes I've got dresses, but considering how often I wear them, they happen to be far to casual for festivities, come on...I wear wedges and suspender tights for an ordinary church service. Christmas means something show stopping, and then some more.

I had completely ran out of options, every single shop was filled with either horribleness or expensive loveliness. Though Topshop shot me straight threw the heart with the classic, "Sold out in your size."
And so precisely a hour ago I gave up and decided that If by midnight on the 23rd, I have not found anything, I'm going to spend Christmas eve like a 13 year old, and draw myself some dashing whiskers.

Then inspiration hit in the form of a very simple suggestion...VINTAGE. Why had my mind not virtually trawled the racks of Oxfam or Pop boutique so sooner? last years black velvet number had been a British heart foundation treasure after all. MENTAL NOTE: always think of other peoples clothing before you own.

I am kinda hoping clothing fate has been playing a part in this, yes I'm a totally believer in the idea of the perfect item that could change your life forever, (and I just like buying things to but shhhh!) so I'm casting all thoughts of ill fitting, cheap items aside and letting my heart take itself on a magical vintagey tour. Watch old bold street...

No comments:

Post a Comment