Tuesday 6 December 2011

THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS: an introduction.

It would be a huge lie to tell you that the Christmas project I've been rambling on about recently is something that has been in the pipeline for ages when in fact, its only a week old. You all must know by now, that I'm prone to last minute decisions of haste, and have a habit of concluding only half formed ideas are the best to work with. See, when I had my Christmas play list on full volume this time last week, I decided that I should do something more festive then just doing the usual monthly banner change and occasionally writing about all Decembers wonders. I realised it was time to expand on what I'd visioned in the past, A blog fully interacted with its readers. And not just a select few either, a wide selection of the people who regularly go out of their way to read my little blog.

So this is why in the same minute I thought up a proposed plan of action, I started contacting people asking if they would like to be involved. I've just finished reading the second submission, and I'm really pleased with the variety I've received already, and I hope the level of diversity will only keep increasing.

I know your probably all wondering why I haven't even explained what the actual project is yet and have mostly likely just been skimming this post to gain the basics of the idea. Well anyway...

The idea of my Christmas project is to unite us in our differences. Although the meaning of Christmas is often no longer celebrated, It is important to realise that it is a time of the year that seems to bring us all together. Christmas is special, to different people, for different reasons. I wanted my willing volunteers to share theirr stories and experiences of Christmas; be it what it means to them or their favourite aspect. Everyone is different, but together we are held by our individual differences. Some of the posts you'll see from now, until mine on Christmas day will be of religion meaning, and some, will not. I may write about religion and how important I think it is, but we have to remember that it is important to realise, that Christmas is a time in the year, regardless of beliefs, that we seem to show love. I want you to keep that in mind as you read the posts I'll be equally spreading out, and if you'd like to be involved, their is still plenty of time!



No comments:

Post a Comment