Wednesday 7 December 2011

THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS: Emily Gill.

I love Christmas.  I see it as a time to give thanks and reflect on every thing that has happened to me over the past year, whether it be good or bad. During the run up to Christmas I love going to all the church services, singing all the many carols and hearing the band and the organ play. One of my favourite services is the family carols, I enjoy this because i love the way it tells the Christmas story in such a simple but fun way :):)

I also visit my family as they live all over the country ,Christmas is one of the rare times i get to see them and every year I count down the days till get to see them. Its always a great day when we go and see them, its always full of fun and laughter. On Christmas day itself, all the family come round and we open presents and have a good time. One of the traditions in my family for Christmas day is at 7 o'clock the whole family sits down to watch the Dr Who Christmas special , my dad always counts down the hours till its on :P:P

My favourite part of Christmas has to be boxing day. The whole of my mums side of the family has a party at my aunts house which is always good , we enjoy all the Delicious food that my aunt has cooked and we play on the wii and laugh at each other on the various dancing and singing games, we also have a giant family game of hide and seek which is always fun :):) we stay up till  ridiculous times of the morning watching films,eating popcorn and drinking hot chocolate. Then its always funny the next morning to discuss over breakfast what was every ones favourite present and moment of the past few days was!

No comments:

Post a Comment