Thursday 15 December 2011

THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS: Rebecca Richardson.

Christmas ..... I don't think people stand there and think for one minute what the actual meaning of Christmas is. Christmas also starts with CHRIST which I think is pretty amazing but I'm not sure whether some people have ever realised that. As a christian Christmas day is about the birth of Christ. People automatically think Christmas is about presents and playing with toys and the latest technology all day but for me this isn't all what Christmas is about.

My Christmas is made up of getting up really early at about 6am and running down the stairs with my brother to open our presents first. Once we have opened them we go and get ready for church and any new clothes we have been given for Christmas we wear. When we get to church the vicar always asks right what time did everyone get up this morning and we all have a competition of who got up the earliest which is quite funny.

On Christmas day I always make time in the day whether it's in the service or in my room on my own to pray and thank god for how amazing he is and thank him for giving us this day to celebrate the birth of Christ but to also spend time with the most amazing people in our lives as well as god which is our family and our friends. I also pray for those who can't be hear with us but hope god is keeping them safe and pray that they are watching over us with big smiles on their faces.

At the end of the day I have a lovely Christmas dinner with the family and look forward to seeing my sister who I haven't seen in nearly a year now she lives further away from home which is amazing. I thank god for us all being able to spend Christmas day together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment