Saturday 31 December 2011

Stop waiting, start changing.

There are certain times in life when I can't help but wonder how I am related to the people I call my family. See, I get so excited about the thought and prospect of a new year, and they all go to bed before the clock strikes twelve. Blame it on the fact I'm younger, or maybe in someways I appear naive, but I do see something ridiculously special about midnight of the last day of the year. For all those cynics ready and waiting, crying lines of it being just another year, same old, same old. I beg to differ. A new year Is a new near. We've never seen it before, never headed an item with 2012 in its real time context. And in 366 days (its a leap year people) we will never really see 2012 again. So here's a challenge for all of you that think my positive side has appeared for a limited time only, If you think the year isn't going to change for you, I want you to try and start changing it.

Unless you start making the effort to seek out places of discovery, your half hearted resolution to be adventurous isn't going to get very far. And without purposely allowing time for the exercise you've forever been planning to do, when are you really going to do it?

But If your like me, and share in my childlike excitement to greet a new year filled with such potential. Don't let it lose its potential. If you've already swore a hour in, then, simply start again. This is what my 2012 is going to be about. I'm never going to stop trying to do things again,  my head will never echo the words tomorrow. You do not need to wait till a new day, a new month, or in turn a new year to start changing again.
Try live your life as a continual process of starting again. Mistakes are going to happen, and yes your going to reach for the chocolate when you know you shouldn't, but if you want to keep going simply remember how excited you are now. Sure numbers on the date are changing a little, but numbers on a clock do to. If you want to start again, simply pick the next second.

more blog posts coming later....

No comments:

Post a Comment