Saturday 31 December 2011

My new year plans

With most of my thank yous sorted, and a quick touch on remembering the potential of 2012, I think its time to tell you the way I'm welcoming this new year in.  I'm off to a party tonight, but at around 5 to twelve I'm leaving the house and finding a place outside to sit down and pray. Then I'm returning at 5 past 12. Call me crazy, but I want to end 2011, and begin 2012 thanking god for all he has done and for all he will done. I am excited for a chance to get dressed up and have a lot of fun tonight, but I'm far more excited to welcome in the new year with my Lord and Saviour. I've decided on a life resolution, forget the tradition of finding someone to kiss at midnight, every year I'm going to spend the changing of the date with my God. 2012 makes me excited, even though I've a very cynical best friend who thinks "Its just another year."

2011 has not been easy; I've had low points, lost loved ones, cried a lot, but I've greeted new people, had amazing times, cried laughing, and made memories i'll never forget. I'm grateful for everything i've endured this year, and I'm grateful that I'm blessed enough to enter 2012 surrounded by amazing people, and with them around me, I know I can handle whatever 2012 throw my way.

So whatever your doing tonight; staying in, going out, friends, or family. Remember how very blessed you are. and remember that when we enter 2012 and that clock strikes 12 & the fire works light up the sky, I'll be praying for you.


2 comments:

  1. I am spending the evening in the house quietly giving thanks for all my 3 wonderful kids and hubby and family lots of love to you Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea! i hope you have a brilliant year! much love to you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete